I came upon this list of 12 Signs and Symptoms of Inner Peace last night and was inspired to share.
- Tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fear based on past experiences.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- Loss of interest in judging self.
- Loss of interest in judging other people.
- Loss of interest in conflict.
- Loss of interest in interpreting actions of others.
- Loss of ability to worry (this is a very serious symptom).
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
- Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
- Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
- Increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make things happen.
Now this is my kind of 12 Commandments for Living!
Please soak this in and then spread the inner peace out into the world around you!
p.s how cool is this…the author of the 12 symptoms (Saskia Davis (c) 1984) contacted me after I first posted this and let me know about her teachings at her website. I was given these on a print out from a friend and thought they were something where the author had died a long time ago and were just passed around from one soul to another. Well, in this case you have the opportunity to meet the author during your lifetime. More awesomeness![polly_book]